Monday, February 22, 2010

Dude looks like a lady...

That's my boy.

As his imagination kicks into high gear at age 3, it's only natural that part of pretending is to play dress up. And, I have to admit, that for over a year, he's donned just about every Disney princess gown there is...and on several occasions, I've caught him putting on Mommy's dresses and heels at home.

I'm perfectly OK that my son is already in touch with his feminine side. When that feminine side of his encourages him to look at my wedding picture and say "Oh, Mommy--you look like a princess!", who wouldn't be OK with it?? To this day, any time I wear a skirt or a dress, he thinks I'm dressed up like a princess...and there's no way I'm going to tell him otherwise.

My point is this: someday...far, far, FAR into the future, he's going to try and woo some lucky little lady. And he'll know right off the bat to compliment her outfit.

Some things you just can't teach.

1 comment:

  1. You've taught him well! Good work. Btw, he looks dashing in that little frock.

    ReplyDelete