Friday, June 3, 2011

Back by popular* demand...

WOW. Looking back through these blog posts, I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! Well, if you know us, you know that we've had a few things on our plates. We have added another Doodles to the family: Lucie is now 7 months old! AND we've moved our Doodle Pad to good ol' Rocky Top...Woo!

Leaving our Orlando home and friends was very difficult, and we're still adjusting and getting settled. One of the first things we decided to do was paint the kids' rooms. We went with the same colors as their rooms were in Florida, and they turned out great. Ben really loves "the green house" and the fact that the Tennessee River is a block south and the playground is 2 blocks north definitely makes our little neighborhood A-OK in his book.


There are a few things that have already set this place apart from Orlando...and I'm sure I'll run across a few more:

  • While at Bed Bath & Beyond, I was looking for a new doormat. There was a young couple next to me, doing the same. Pretty sure I wouldn't have heard this in O-town: "Yeah, but the other one would be great for me to set my boots on."
  • Publix might have sold their green bags for much less than the $2.99 that Kroger charges for theirs, but take a guess as to who has a pickling and homemade jelly supply aisle...not to mention Graeter's pints and cans of Skyline. Advantage: Kroger.
  • Knoxville has Zaxby's. Not sure if Central Florida has one--I had never been there. And I must say that the lovely young woman behind the counter, Starlandia, made my first trip to the chicken joint quite pleasant.
  • Ben's name officially is pronounced "Bin." I knew that was coming.
  • I have to say that the southern hospitality is really refreshing--we have been to the playground many times, and every single time, there is someone new to meet and talk to. Even driving is different here--people don't run red lights and drive like maniacs...or tourists. ;-)
Like I said, we're still adjusting, but so far...so good.

* by "popular", I mean that one person (Kristy) said she missed my blog. This one's for you, Mrs. Walson. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Zaxby's rocks!! There is one by Millennia mall but I think that is the only one in Orlando. Eat it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete