Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Star Chart Update #1...

...well, I am happy to report that Ben has earned 9 stars! (I'm going to go ahead and let you applaud us/him for a second...go ahead...)

Unfortunately, I could have posted this 5 days ago. That's right--we've been stuck on Star #9 for that long.

ARGHHH!!!

I thought he was getting it--I really did! He was so proud to show Hailee (via webcam) all his stars, and he still totally gets that if he gets to 10 stars, he gets his pirate sword...but he just won't do it.

For the past 4 nights, he has gotten up and doesn't seem to care that he only needs one more measly, hand-drawn star to get the prize he so desires...so I've made an executive decision. Digsby suggested that, perhaps, since right now the actual sword is intangible, Ben might not fully get it. So, I went ahead and bought the pirate sword.

This was no small feat, even at Party City. There were giant swords, swords that glow in the dark, swords that make a LOT of annoying noises, swords that have fake blood on them...but I could not find the one I am pretty sure Ben is imagining. Which I have concluded might look something like this:



So, I chose the one that looked like it could have the least amount of potential to harm him/Kitty/Mommy or break something in our house...and of course there's no picture on the website. Let's just say it doesn't look like this.

Tonight, the plan is to explain to him that the sword will be in his tiny little man hands in the morning...IF he spends the whole night in his own bed.

We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment