Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Secret's Out!

Well, now that I don't have to keep being preggers a secret anymore...I can post a few things that I have been documenting during these past 12 weeks...

* I stand by my statement that the MAN who coined the phrase "morning sickness" should be shot. A coworker of mine suggested that we've had it all wrong--it's supposed to be "mourning sickness." Makes a little more sense.

* I don't know how I got through my first pregnancy without an iPhone. Seriously. The "What to Expect" app is fan-flippin-tastic. It gives me day-to-day updates on what fruit my little baby is closest to in size and also helpful tidbits of info.

* Things I have been craving/able to keep down: bean burritos, char-grilled cheeseburgers, chicken noodle soup, freeze pops and ice cream. Oh, and pickles. And Cadbury caramel eggs.

* I already have a feeling that Little Bean is a girl. (Sidenote shout-out to Ali for the nickname. Holla!) Call me crazy, but I am just throwing out my prediction now. I almost went out on a limb and ordered nursery bedding that is soooo not gender-neutral. But I fought the urge.

* I really want to find out the sex of the baby this time. Brad? Not so much. Still working on this one...

* Ben is absolutely adorable already--he talks to the baby, says he hopes it feels better and that he wants it to "come out soon." Then he gets frustrated that it won't talk back to him.

* Awesome places where I have thrown up: in my car, in the front yard, at work, in a beautiful cabin in Georgia. ;-) Brad takes the prize for throwing up on the actual hiking trail in Georgia...I think he just wanted to show me up.

* I am already in maternity clothes. All you mommies out there who have had more than one little bambino were absolutely right--you show soooo much faster with the second one...and I am welcoming my spandex-waisted pants whole-heartedly.

And last, but not least...

* We are so freakin' excited. :D

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment