Friday, January 22, 2010

Out of laziness, comes creativity...

I decided a while ago that I would start writing down things--mostly funny things about Ben--that I didn't want to ever forget. Of course, it had to be written in an adorable Kate Spade journal with a matching pen...but even that cuteness couldn't motivate me to turn off Family Guy reruns at night and really focus to write. So, I was thinking about blogging, but when Ali called and said she wanted to start doing it, too, I figured it was the perfect time to start. Plus--it's much easier to type out this stuff than it is to write it.

The name "Doodle Pad" comes from the nickname we gave Ben pre-birth. Brad and I were one of the few parents we know who chose not to find out the gender of our baby--I can now say that I had a "choice" in the matter, but I have to admit that it was quite possibly the biggest compromise I've ever made...but totally worth it! Anywho, we grew tired of calling It "It", and since my niece, Hailee said the first ultrasound picture looked like a duck...Ducky came to be. Since we then needed practice with the baby talk, "Ducky Doodles" seemed like an even cutesier nickname.

So! Now you're all caught up...let the fun begin.

PS--Ben had Quaker Oatmeal Squares for breakfast this morning.

2 comments:

  1. So is this all about Ben or are there going to be other wonderful insights into the world of the Collett's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To provide a bit more back story to "Ducky Doodles," yes it is correct that Haliee graced us with Ducky, but our muse for Doodles was actually a bag of Cheese Doodles that we enjoyed en route to Sanibel before Ben was born. And now you know, the rest of the story.....page 3...

    ReplyDelete